10 things christians & athiests can agree on...

Let the debates begin.

Moderators: Astarin ShadowPrince, Zahrim, Rhen

10 things christians & athiests can agree on...

Postby Xanai » December 17th, 2007, 3:31 pm

Not necessarily 100% my gig, but pretty funny IMO. Long read, but good times and fun pictures (what more can a person ask for!)

http://www.cracked.com/article_15759_10 ... ee-on.html

Xanai
Xanai
I talk too much

Postby Astarin ShadowPrince » December 17th, 2007, 3:58 pm

good read... some logical points. I'm just gonna leave it at that :D
AC>you
Astarin ShadowPrince
I talk too much

Postby Direblade » December 17th, 2007, 4:48 pm

I wanna line p peasants and jump over them with monster trucks..... where are my peasants ad monster trck.... DAMMIT cheated again!
79 SK, Leader of the Vendetta
Dire + Ry makes 3 -- maybe more
Direblade
I talk too much

Postby Rredd » December 18th, 2007, 3:25 pm

Although he tries hard to be middle of the road, as a christian himself, the author can't help but write about atheism from that perspective.

The main beef I have with organized religeon is the organization itself. I'm some place between atheist and agnostic... which some might say is textbook agnostic! Dunno but where this guy has it wrong is that atheists do NOT necessarily have an authority figgure telling them what to belive. He kind of implies that if you don't have a Pope, you need a Stalin and there he is wrong. To me atheism is not a religeon... I don't necessarily identify clannishly with other folks with serious questions. I'm not going to go join some anti-religeon crusade. Some of the best folks I know are religeous. Some are not.

This guy wants to frame atheism as a cohesive group and a counterpart to religeous folks. There is zero cohesion amongst atheists. Sometimes they are identified as supporters of various lefty causes but you better belive there are atheists of every flavor.

Just because religeon is a big part of some people's lives, doesn't mean that my lack of religeon is a big part of my life... its the other way entirely. My religeon or lack therein isn't at all a significant part of my life, it is irrelevant. It does not define me.

Frankly as a red headed, one quarter english, one quarter scottish, one quarter german, and another quarter scottish canadian guy thats not religeous the only "clan" I really see myself a part of is being canadian, and being a NERD! Any other steriotypes, categorizations or assumptions can just stop there... Oh and look out for my red head temper dammit!

They guys final points are still valid, however he got there... folks should just get along.

Rredd
Rredd
I talk too much

Postby Wenceslas » December 18th, 2007, 6:48 pm

Yer gonna burn in a BIG Bonfire Rredd, you know this dontcha?

Yea! Though you walk in darkness your way shall be lit with Fire and Brimstone (Sulphur ya twit).
Yea! Though you deny the Creator, even now He is plotting your demise an will let you doe the natural death you deserve!!!
Yea! You will always have to SWIM across the Red Sea for He wil not part it's ways for you!!

Ya Ratbastard ATHEISTIC noncompoop!

=-)

Personally - I think that Religion is close but focused on only one aspect of many when they choose to worship God, Yahweh, Allah or Buddha (ok Buddha wasn't actually technically a God) - they are mere manifestations of mans perception of one facet of a superior being.

Remember: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
Wenceslas
MCP's buff pimp

Postby Xanai » December 19th, 2007, 6:57 pm

http://www.cracked.com/article_15699_9- ... erses.html

very similar to the link that started this thread, however this one is entitled: The 9 most bad@$$ Bible verses.

FWIW, I've been told I'm "hung like an Egyptian" *wink, wink - nudge, nudge*

Xanai :)
Xanai
I talk too much

Return to Rhen's Politics, Religion and World Events Forum.