The Wicked Witch of the East

Let the debates begin.

Moderators: Astarin ShadowPrince, Zahrim, Rhen

The Wicked Witch of the East

Postby Graal » March 8th, 2008, 12:54 am

I was reading a discussion about whether this video is an example of McCain "flipping out" or not, when I read these HRC quotes that I thought were simply amazing:

Coming out of the Arkansas governor's mansion early morning on Labor Day 1991, Hillary screamed: "Where is the goddamn f*cking flag? I want the goddamn f*cking flag up every f*cking morning at f*cking sunrise!" - From the book ‘Inside The White House’ by Ronald Kessler, p. 244

“F*ck off! It’s enough that I have to see you shit-kickers every day, I’m not going to talk to you too! Just do your goddamn job and keep your mouth shut” (Hillary to her state trooper bodyguards after one of them greeted her with “Good morning.”) - -From the book ‘American Evita’ by Christopher Anderson, p. 90

Hillary screaming at her Secret Service detail:
Stay the f**k back, stay the f**k away from me! Don’t come within ten yards of me, or else! Just f**king do as I say, Okay!!!?” - book “Unlimited Access”, by Clinton FBI Agent in Charge, Gary Aldrige, p. 139
si vis pacem, para bellum
Graal
I talk too much

Postby Wenceslas » March 8th, 2008, 1:23 am

Anyone really shocked or surprised over that?
Anyone really concerned that you might actually get THAT back in the White House?
Wenceslas
MCP's buff pimp

Postby Pressto » March 8th, 2008, 2:28 am

Tell you the truth with the fact that this is a NYT reporter I thought he was very civil after the other stories they have done.

What I do question is why he is even bothering to have a reporter from the NYT on his plane after the 2 hit piece stories they have done.
Pressto Chango
Enchanter Beer God

Magelo Profile
Pressto
Enchanter Beer God

Postby Parthin » March 8th, 2008, 4:26 am

Gee, that reporter was badgering Mc Cain a lot , and he didnt kill her. 8)
Everquest is more fun than watching girls pee in a bucket!
Parthin
I talk too much

Postby Pressto » March 8th, 2008, 3:23 pm

Parthin wrote:Gee, that reporter was badgering Mc Cain a lot , and he didnt kill her. 8)

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/21/us/po ... ccain.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/28/us/po ... ccain.html

and now this. The real story is not about McCain getting angry but about the NYT reporters and how they are now presenting him to the public with the stories they are doing. It is 4 and 8 year old news that the NYT keeps bring up that has already been talked about back when he was running in 2000 and Kerry in the 2004 elections.

To put this video in prospective he had a meeting with John Kerry back in 2004 and the media reported a bogus story they were talking of him jumping parties and maybe becoming the democratic Vice President nominee.

She is bring up this question again and as he stated in the video, she and everyone else already knows the answers to the questions and she is trying to get some gotcha answer out of him I think. Want to bet the NYT does a recycled story on that meeting and party jumping anyway like the other bogus stories it has done? They still have to answer to the affair story and I have not heard a follow up on that yet.

The most important aspect of media bias is not how they cover a story, but WHAT they are choosing to report out of a million things they can. Go look at the NYT website and search for how many stories they have about Sen. McCain and issues compared to these stories. Like I said before, I can not understand why he is bothering to allow a NYT reporter on his plane any more, because personally I would be booting reporters or media outlets doing this.
Pressto Chango
Enchanter Beer God

Magelo Profile
Pressto
Enchanter Beer God

Postby Wenceslas » March 8th, 2008, 4:43 pm

There is a very good reason why the NYT is losing subscribers by the thousands and why it's stock dropped like a rock.
Wenceslas
MCP's buff pimp

Postby Xanai » March 9th, 2008, 1:17 am

The most important aspect of media bias is not how they cover a story, but WHAT they are choosing to report out of a million things they can.

Manufacturing.
Consent.

By Noam Chomsky.

The New York Times is owned by The New York Times Company (NYSE: NYT). They are a publically traded company that make @ 3 billion dollars a year in revenue.

Their stockholders do not care if they "told the truth" (in fact, according the Florida court of appeals, there is "no rule against distorting or falsifying the news in the United States."), they care that the stock went up or down.

There is no "news" anymore, there is only what the media conglomerations want you to know about. This isn't the worst part, the worst part is that people still think newspapers, news programs, etc. are telling them the "truth."

Xanai!
Xanai
I talk too much

Return to Rhen's Politics, Religion and World Events Forum.