Men as victims of abuse

Let the debates begin.

Moderators: Astarin ShadowPrince, Zahrim, Rhen

Men as victims of abuse

Postby Astarin ShadowPrince » March 31st, 2008, 6:22 am

For 5 years, I was abused sexually, physically, and emotionally by my wife. Instead of reporting these things, I hoped that things would go back to the way they were the first 2 years of our marriage. We used to go out to eat, party, and invite people to our house. My wife then made friends who abused perscription drugs, and then began abusing them herself. She then offered a friend half of my life insurance policy to cause an accident that would potentially kill me. The result of this accident I lost the use of my left arm and developed arthritis in my right arm.

I fell into a deep depression. Several times I attempted to stand up to her, and was beaten, raped, or just threatened as a result. She abused my children and threatened to kill them if I reported her abuse to anybody. The whole time all I wanted was for her to get help and love me again. I finally gave up and told her I was leaving and divorcing her. She beat me, raped me, and went to police blaming injuries caused by her drug dealer on me. She lied in court to put me in jail, then she obtained a protection order against me with the same lies. While I was in jail, she took my disability checks and used them on dating sites, at nail salons, and possibly to buy more drugs with substantial cash withdrawls from my account. She is now attempting to use the same lies to prevent me from getting my physical property or seeing my children.

I will be filing for divorce and for custody of my children. I am afraid even with the witnesses of her abusing me and my children that the court system will continue to fail me. I would like to as for some help. I want my story to get out into the public eye. I would like referenced to lawfirms and organizations who would be willing to help protect myself and men who are in similar situations. Please copy and paste this, or link it to other forums and newgroups. Email ashadowprince (at) yahoo (dot) com for support, questions, debates, etc.

Victimization is not isolated only to women. Men can be victimized too, and disabled men are exceptionally prone to it.
Last edited by Astarin ShadowPrince on April 13th, 2008, 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
AC>you
Astarin ShadowPrince
I talk too much

Postby Xanai » March 31st, 2008, 8:59 am

It is very brave of you to step up and say these things. A lot of men would be too ashamed about what was happening to them to speak out. I hope that this is the first step in a recovery process that helps you understand what a valuable person you are.

It's a very messed up situation, but hopefully you'll come out of it stronger.

Eric
Xanai
I talk too much

Postby Parthin » March 31st, 2008, 12:11 pm

You have been thru a lot. But by getting away from this woman, it can only get better. We are very glad to see you out. Now you can start a new life. 8)
Everquest is more fun than watching girls pee in a bucket!
Parthin
I talk too much

Postby Pressto » March 31st, 2008, 10:45 pm

The first step is to file charges against her and nothing I have read about your case says you have talked to the DA about doing this. Until that happens the ball is completely in her court based on the charges she has filed on you instead.
Pressto Chango
Enchanter Beer God

Magelo Profile
Pressto
Enchanter Beer God

Postby Astarin ShadowPrince » April 13th, 2008, 1:22 am

http://battlinbog.blog-city.com/domestic_violence_has_unexpected_victims_at_male_matters.htm

As far as filing charges goes, I have tried, the police will not even take a report from me. I have a long battle ahead of me. The article I link here is the county in which I live. The Highlight of it is that all charges against women in this county are dismissed when it comes to sexual abuse or domestic violence. I at this point am going to the media in order to start working on presenting my case.

I'm at a loss really. Monday I start shopping for lawyers locally. I've been in the hospital having surgery done since March 22nd. I pray that I can find a good lawyer, and at least get my children into a safe spot. One person removed themself from my myspace friends list because my wife went to them and said I was abusing the children. In the courtroom she stated that I would never hurt the children. This keeps getting worse, and I am at a loss for what to do about it. I'm starting to wonder if I am going to be able to do anything for my kids, or if I should just write them off as dead.
AC>you
Astarin ShadowPrince
I talk too much

Postby Erilyn Cureheart » April 13th, 2008, 9:56 am

For your children, if not for yourself, never ever give up. Never.
Keep fighting till there is no breath in you. They are your breath.
Hang in there Sweety, if nothing else, keep them in your mind as your reason for pushing forward.
You fight not only for your children but for the men and women who don't speak out for themselves. Who stay in their personal torture, their very own prisons.
Keep trying DON'T give up. Don't give up. You can do this.
*HUGS TIGHT!*
No we're never gonna survive unless, we are a little.. crazy.
Erilyn Cureheart
I talk too much

Postby Astarin ShadowPrince » April 30th, 2008, 11:18 am

well.. now she stalks me, sends threats to me via friends on myspace... and... whatever, guess she's making sure to screw things up for herself... wish I could send her a thank you note.
AC>you
Astarin ShadowPrince
I talk too much

Postby Khaw » April 30th, 2008, 12:04 pm

Nail her ass to a wall Ast. While not a victim of physical abuse, I have been down the mental road. I don't like to think about it anymore and bury that part of my life in the past where it belongs, but don't give up on your kids. It's hard but eventually it comes around.
Khaw
I talk too much

Postby Pressto » May 1st, 2008, 10:30 am

Astarin ShadowPrince wrote:well.. now she stalks me, sends threats to me via friends on myspace... and... whatever, guess she's making sure to screw things up for herself... wish I could send her a thank you note.

I hope you are logging and recording everything for records on this.
Pressto Chango
Enchanter Beer God

Magelo Profile
Pressto
Enchanter Beer God

Postby Astarin ShadowPrince » May 1st, 2008, 11:25 am

of course I am... I ain't no dummy, and I'm being treated for my depression and ptsd that are caused by her.

She even harassed my probation officer for where she could find me... he is going to be at the protection order hearing testifying on my behalf.
AC>you
Astarin ShadowPrince
I talk too much

Postby Direblade » May 5th, 2008, 5:41 pm

See ya tonight bro, HOPEFULLY we can nail her ass to a wall
79 SK, Leader of the Vendetta
Dire + Ry makes 3 -- maybe more
Direblade
I talk too much

Postby Astarin ShadowPrince » May 13th, 2008, 1:49 am

She nailed her own ass to the wall purdy good.
AC>you
Astarin ShadowPrince
I talk too much

Postby Xanai » May 15th, 2008, 4:37 pm

What happened?
Xanai
I talk too much

Postby Astarin ShadowPrince » May 16th, 2008, 12:50 am

she was caught in lies by the magistrate, then tried to question a witness and gave up after she found out that they were not willing to lie for her.
AC>you
Astarin ShadowPrince
I talk too much

Postby Paith » May 16th, 2008, 3:34 am

she was caught in lies by the magistrate, then tried to question a witness and gave up after she found out that they were not willing to lie for her.

That, Is very good news for you.

Paith[/quote]
Paith

Postby Astarin ShadowPrince » May 16th, 2008, 6:09 am

that it is. now she has also lied in her affidavit resonse to the divorce.
AC>you
Astarin ShadowPrince
I talk too much

Postby Shamarra_1 » May 21st, 2008, 1:31 am

Does your states civil code allow criminal prosecution in that case Asty?
Shamarra_1
I talk too much

Postby Graal » July 15th, 2008, 3:08 am

There is basically no state that charges people with perjury when it comes to "family" court, regardless of how bad the perjury is. Admit under oath that you committed perjury when you accused your husband of molesting your child and beating you? Nothing happens.
si vis pacem, para bellum
Graal
I talk too much

Return to Rhen's Politics, Religion and World Events Forum.