Autism Speaks...

Posting Area for the general public

Moderators: Astarin ShadowPrince, Zahrim

Postby Jorelora » August 29th, 2007, 8:20 pm

Erilyn Cureheart wrote:
Ya umm pardon me while I go tearing up my local movie store to find this.

If you can't find it at a local store, Netflix has it (they have a brief preview for it too!)
Jorelora
I talk too much

Parent's with Special Needs Children...

Postby Erilyn Cureheart » January 22nd, 2008, 9:06 pm

This is for us...

Last edited by Erilyn Cureheart on January 29th, 2008, 6:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
No we're never gonna survive unless, we are a little.. crazy.
Erilyn Cureheart
I talk too much

Postby Erilyn Cureheart » January 22nd, 2008, 9:07 pm

President Signs Bill Authorizing Funding of Combating Autism Act

$162 million appropriated to fund autism research, services and treatment
WASHINGTON DC (Dec 26, 2007) Autism Speaks, the nation's largest autism advocacy organization, today applauded as President Bush signed the Fiscal 2008 Omnibus Appropriations Act. The bill contains appropriations for the Combating Autism Act at the levels stipulated in the CAA, less an across the board cut of 1.747%. The cut is being administered to all programs and activities within the Labor, Health and Human Services section of the omnibus bill.

The bill contains the following appropriations:

* Autism services, diagnosis and treatment at the Health Resources and Services Administration: $36,354,000, a $16.354 million increase over Fiscal 2007 ($37m was the level authorized by Combating Autism Act).
* Autism surveillance and awareness at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: $16.212 million, a $1.2m increase over Fiscal 2007 ($16.5m was the level authorized by the Combating Autism Act).
* An estimated $108.5 million for NIH-funded autism research.
* Implementation of the Interagency Autism Coordinating Committee (IACC): $1 million within the budget of the National Institute of Mental Health is earmarked for IACC implementation.

In total, Autism Speaks expects a 2008 fiscal appropriation of approximately $162 million, as authorized by the Combating Autism Act.
No we're never gonna survive unless, we are a little.. crazy.
Erilyn Cureheart
I talk too much

Postby Rhen » January 29th, 2008, 7:02 pm

Erilyn,

I remember years ago when you came to me and asked what I thought about your daughters behaviors patterns. I remember when you didn't hardly know what Autism was. I'm so glad your spreading the word and getting people informed. Some people will never understand it until they get involved in it with there child or a loved one.

Most people here know that I have a server Autistic child who cannot talk and is hardly potty trained at the age of nearly 12 now. When I see people debating Autism methods and questioning them that have no idea what their talking about it drives me nuts.

Heres a couple of FACT'S that can't be debated period. There were no Autistic child before vaccines. FACT after they added 400% of Mercury level's in the Vaccines Autism, Asburgers and Lead poisoned brain behaviors started. FACT they have found a weak chromsome linked to Autism and at this stage have reversed the effect on ratts with treatment.

NOT FACT my Opinion. I personally think its both. I think the Mercury levels at that range trigger a dormant chromosome. now one really knows what happens in the development.

Many people ask if the know its the Mercury why don't they remove it?
They can't and they wont until they ADMITT it is the cause because of lawsuits and other political reason's.

Until the drug makers admitt there is a problem they will contuine to drug your newborns with a possible poison. The best method is to wait as long as possible before getting those shots.
Rhen
Site Admin

Postby Wenceslas » January 29th, 2008, 9:39 pm

There were no Autistic child before vaccines. FACT after they added 400% of Mercury level's in the Vaccines Autism, Asburgers and Lead poisoned brain behaviors started. FACT they have found a weak chromsome linked to Autism and at this stage have reversed the effect on ratts with treatment.

Hmmmmmm...
Autism WAS known prior to vaccines.
It was NOT called Autism nor formally described until around the 1940's and 1960's.

Mercury was never 400%

They ARE removing Thimerisol from all vaccines.
The few that have Thimerisol are down to trace amounts. BTW Thimerisol was marketed under the trade name of Merthiolate in 1927...I seem to recall using Merthiolate on some cuts - I thought it was Iodine (maybe it was). It metabolizes into ethyl mercury which in turn has a half life (in the body) of 18 days.

Science already says it does not. But if the court finds differently, families of autistic children would be eligible for compensation under the Vaccine Injury Compensation Trust Fund, a program created by Congress and funded by a tax on administered vaccines.

What I'd like to know is why courts suddenly know more about this than scientists do.

I'd rather trust the guys that actually DO medical research:
On May 18th, 2004, the Institute of Medicine (IOM) released its eighth and final report from its Immunization Safety Review Committee. Based on a thorough review of clinical and epidemiological studies, neither the mercury-based vaccine preservative thimerosal nor the measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine are associated with autism, says the new report. Furthermore, the hypotheses regarding how the MMR vaccine and thimerosal could trigger autism lack supporting evidence and are theoretical only. Further research to find the cause of autism should be directed toward other lines of inquiry that are supported by current knowledge and evidence and offer more promise for providing an answer, said the committee that wrote the report. The American Medical Association (AMA) lauds the process that went into the creation of this scientific report and applauds the IOM and the CDC for their strong efforts in continuing to ensure the safety of the vaccines that are administered in the United States through post-market surveillance and studies such as this.

Finally - some tiny historical references:
The history of autism goes as far back as 1911 with Eugen Bleuler a Swiss psychiatrist first coined the term. However that term applied to adult schizophrenia.

In 1943 Dr. Leo Kanner of Johns Hopkins University described autism for the first time. He based his discovery from 11 children he observed between 1938 and 1943. What he studied were children who had withdrawal from human contact as early as age 1.

During the 1940's through the 60's the medical community felt that children who had autism where schizophrenic. This lack of understanding of the disorder lead many parents to believe that they were at fault

All of which is not to reduce anyone to black and white terms, but get basis in reality and staying informed, a much better process.

It does not, however, lessen the heartache of people having sons and daughters with it. But being informed and connected does help.

I went to naar, the American Medical Association, and other general searches.
Autism Speaks was an informative site y'all should go visit. Even if you don't have autism in your family.
Wenceslas
MCP's buff pimp

Postby Rhen » January 30th, 2008, 12:41 am

Hmmmmmm...
Autism WAS known prior to vaccines.
It was NOT called Autism nor formally described until around the 1940's and 1960's.

Mercury was never 400%

They ARE removing Thimerisol from all vaccines.
The few that have Thimerisol are down to trace amounts. BTW Thimerisol was marketed under the trade name of Merthiolate in 1927...I seem to recall using Merthiolate on some cuts - I thought it was Iodine (maybe it was). It metabolizes into ethyl mercury which in turn has a half life (in the body) of 18 days[code]

Exactly why I don't post to much on this. I'm sure you know much more about it Wench since you have to watch your son 24 hours a day so he doesn't eat or put a knife in his mouth, and go to Davis research facility 2 times a month talking with the top researchers in America?. Also being part of the national Autism board might include your knowledge vs your media knowledge right? Or did you just Google search Autism? Read some help full media clips maybe? Since you know so much about Thimerosal being taken out what did they read-ad it to now? Go ahead and Google that and post your answers too I'm sure you will get a correct and honest answer from the drug companies.

Mercury was never 400%

lol I'm sure it wasn't. Show me your son's medial files from 1996 please. I want to see how much was in your son's system.

It metabolizes into ethyl mercury which in turn has a half life (in the body) of 18 days

what was your child's ET rating after he had his shots Wench? Did the doctor shake the bottle? Did the nurse FDG it. Was it Clincied FGG or was it personal FGH? I would love to see your child's medial records. Or wait...do you even have a child with Autism or you just shouting off? I forgot to ask that. Or is it you "know" someone with Autism and now know everything about it?

This is exactly why I try not to read these kinds of posts because people reading Google media written crap post all these facts and don't even experience it so do me a favor. If your going to argue a point (which I have no idea why you are anyway) get some real experience and facts before you post Google links.
Rhen
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Public Posting Area