I bet Laliniel would love to fire this one. :D

Glock Video
Pressto Chango
Enchanter Beer God

Magelo Profile
Pressto
Enchanter Beer God

Postby Whorace Powers » December 3rd, 2007, 1:56 am

wow, bet that stesses the barrel on a glock like nothing else. Hell after less than 1000 rounds my stock barrel on my glock already shows obvious ware and tear..... bet pumping 200+ in less than 15 sec would blow the barrel completely, lol.

Cool as hell though.... that would teach those damn zombies!
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1151785" target="_blank">Whorace Powers</a>
Semi-Re-TIRED Rogue of Noble Blade
The Rathe by way of Povar
Whorace Powers

Postby heffling » December 3rd, 2007, 2:29 am

That guy is really lucky he didn't blow the breach, as it's not designed for that kind of a load.
heffling

Postby Auricas » December 3rd, 2007, 4:25 am

It's not possible to upgrade the necessary components to do that safely and reliably? It it is, I'm betting that guy did it. He looks like he knows what he is doing.
Auricas
I talk too much

Postby Wenceslas » December 3rd, 2007, 6:25 am

Too short a clip to see if he actually does.
Looked more like a gun nerd to me - I would NOT want to go to that firing range...they be crazies out there.
Wenceslas
MCP's buff pimp

Postby Rredd » December 3rd, 2007, 3:09 pm

Wenceslas wrote:gun nerd

This is why I love Americans purely for the amusement factor :)

How much of that pistol would be completly custom to make it fully auto like that? And why bother? It's not like you are going to concealed carry that beast... why not just go out and get a full auto MP4 or whatever?

baffled..
Rredd
Rredd
I talk too much

Postby Whorace Powers » December 4th, 2007, 11:41 pm

actually, to make a stock semi auto pistol like a glock into a fully functional full auto only requires a change of 2 parts. However, to make it possible to do what that guy was doing would require a lot of customization. The barrell would have to be customized not only in terms of materials the barrel itself is made of, but also it's heat venting. Probably would require a decent amount of air ports or vents drilled in. The breach and the pin mechanism would require a sturdy upgrade in terms of the materials they are made from to handle the stress something like that would put on it.

All of this is purely anicdotal though. My earlier comment was made moslt for the purposes of humor.

Really tho, there is almost no reason to make a handgun automatic outside of just for shits and giggles. Handguns by thier vary nature are horribly inaccurate unless the operator is just really well experienced/trained. Making one into a fully auto pistol would further decrease its accuracy considerably. Pistols are meant to deal with threats that are within the 100ft threshold, but outside of the 20 foot danger zone. After 100ft, you really have to start considering a rifle of some sort for increased accuracy, or if you are in the military/police a sub machine full auto...then a rifle. Inside of 20 feet, you need a knife or hand to hand.

Mostly that clip was just fun ;p
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1151785" target="_blank">Whorace Powers</a>
Semi-Re-TIRED Rogue of Noble Blade
The Rathe by way of Povar
Whorace Powers

Postby Astarin ShadowPrince » December 5th, 2007, 1:54 am

With that fire rate... he probably could have hit targets at considerably further...

spray and pray! (fire 200 bullets, hit with 1, if you're lucky)
AC>you
Astarin ShadowPrince
I talk too much

Postby Pressto » December 5th, 2007, 4:26 am

Whorace Powers wrote:Mostly that clip was just fun ;p

Which is why I posted it. :D Some people just need to drink more beer and enjoy life.
Pressto Chango
Enchanter Beer God

Magelo Profile
Pressto
Enchanter Beer God

Postby Zahrim » December 5th, 2007, 9:36 am

On the unmodified version of the Glock .45....

It is the most reliable weapon out there and I say this because it is the weapon of choice for a friend of mine from the days I was a merchant sailor. He was a Navy Seal during the 80's and early 90's.

To quote his wife...

"We went to the Clancy movie 'Patriot Games', Clem got up ant walked out after the insertion team got wiped out in Columbia, it hit too close to home."

If you want a weapon, that is the weapon to use to kill a person reliably.

peace,
I really do see you!
Zahrim
I'm so pretty...Oh so pretty

Postby malmuerte » December 11th, 2007, 12:30 pm

looks like a glock 18 maybe even an 18C although i don't see any noticable gas expulsion from a compensator. if so, its a 9mm designed to fire in semi and auto, as it comes from the factory with a selector switch. it kinda looks like a safety when you first pick it up, which is an odd feeling to a glock. got to fire one recently with some law enforcement guys, and i can say that it ripped my webbing between my thumb and index finger a new one. but i didn't know that they could be modded with a stock, i think that would be fun. as to wear and tear. its designed to be full auto, and glock tends not to put out crap pistols. also the parts from the glock 17 (the semi auto pistol the G18 looks just like minus the selector switch) are not interchangable as there is no semi auto version of the glock 18 made because of some countries laws about "semi auto versions of automatic weapons". none the less, god bless america and gun shows. (note: the 240G to his left is way more fun.)
"Problems cannot be solved at the level of awareness they were created at..."
malmuerte

Return to Rhen's Politics, Religion and World Events Forum.